Whether you’re in love or just love love, Valentine’s Day can be a tricky time for vegans — Is that chocolate vegan? The wine? The candles? The Internet is an amazing place to find the answers so we’ve created a round-up of the best of it for you. First, our favorite six blog posts on vegan Valentine’s:
- Ecorazzi’s 5 Tips for a Sexy, Vegan Valentine’s Day — The comprehensive guide to the perfect vegan Valentine’s. From “set the mood” to “get your groove on,” this post takes you through the 5 steps of your date.
- Vegansaurus’ A Very Vegan Valentine Gift Round-up — Of course their gift guide would make us laugh out loud. Seriously, seriously recommend checking out this post — You will want everything they mention. Vegan s’mores kits are involved.
- VegNews’ Vegan Valentines — Everything from how to pamper your pet for the 14th to veg pick-up lines.
- Vegetarians in Paradise’s Valentine’s Vegan Dinner — Recipes for multiple options for your romantic 4-course meal at home. Need we say more than “sweetheart salad” and “love tart?”
- PETA’s This Valentine’s Day, Love is in the Fare — Recipes featuring vegan aphrodisiacs!
- Vegan Cuts’ Vegan Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas + Coupon Codes — Not only features great ideas, but special deals to get these goodies on the cheap!
It’s one week to Valentine’s Day and you still haven’t ordered your sweetie any vegan sweets yet?! Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here’s where you can turn for help:
- Allison’s Gourmet
- Cosmo’s Vegan Shoppe
- Divine Treasures
- Energy Truffles
- Farm Sanctuary
- Garuda International
- Hail Merry
- Liz Lovely
- Love Thy Baker
- PETA (Harbor Candy Shop)
- Rose City Chocolatier
- Sun Flour Baking Company
- VegNews Store
Haven’t made plans yet? From speed dating in CA and single mingles in DC to romantic multi-course prix-fixe gourmet meals and Valentine’s-inspired cooking classes across the country, here are some vegan events coming up:
- Vegan Cooking Demo and Tasting in Bethel, CT on February 7
- Green Singles Mingle in Washington, DC on February 8
- Vegan Valentine’s Treat Cooking Class in Davis, CA on February 9
- Vegan Gourmet Cooking Class in San Diego, CA on February 11
- 7-course Vegan Dinner with Violinist and Tango Performance in Alpine, UT on February 11
- Vegan Community Valentine’s Dinner in Gainesville, FL on February 11
- Vegan Bake Sale to Benefit Animals in Seattle, WA on February 11 & 12
- Veg Speed Dating in San Francisco, CA on February 11 and Berkeley, CA on February 14
- All-Vegan Pop-Up Market in New York, NY on February 12
- 5-course Vegan Dinner in Incline Village, NV on February 12
- Vegan Bake Sale Benefit for Sea Shepherd in New York, NY on February 12
- Vegan Raffle in Black Mountain, NC until February 14
- Jazz Trio at Vegan Restaurant in Washington, DC on February 14
- 4-course Vegan Dinner in Cambridge, MA on February 15
We did find some that were already filled up (including this one!), so get to these as quickly as you can.
What did we miss? Your favorite vegan chocolate place to order from online? A vegan Valentine’s meet-up in your city? Tell us in the comments so everyone who reads this can see it!